- Handling of all correspondence and inquiries directed to the office
- Issuing of charters to new local AV groups
- Development and distribution of literature and other resource materials offered to charted groups
- Ongoing promotion of the Alcoholics Victorious program.
- Regular mailings and other communication with chartered groups
To establish and maintain affiliation with Alcoholics Victorious, individual AV chapters must obtain and annually renew their charters by filing the applicable forms and charter fees.
Each group must designate a contact person who is responsible for communication with the Alcoholics Victorious Office. This individual must be a Christian with at least one year of sobriety and be In good standing both In his/her local church and in the community.
Most chapters are sponsored locally by a church, rescue mission or other Christian organization. AV does not seek to exercise control over affiliated groups. but rather encourages them to function independently within their own communities. The role of the AV Office is one of providing services and as a central contact uniting the network of affiliated groups.
Each chapter may vary its meetings In activity and format. Meetings should be kept simple, usually no more than ninety minutes in length, with a time of fellowship and refreshments to follow.
While meetings may open with a brief teaching. AV is intended to function as a support group and not as a Bible Study. Some chapters also sponsor support groups for the friends and loved ones of the addict.
See the “Support Group FAQ” for more helpful guidelines.